UPDATE (8-11-14): The Socialtron Live Game-a-thon raised more than $9,500 for the Epilepsy Foundation! THANK YOU to Socialtron Live, Greg Grunberg, the celebrity guests and professional gamers who participated, and everyone who donated and joined in the chat to raise awareness about epilepsy and seizures during this 36-hour marathon.
Greg Grunberg, actor, Epilepsy Foundation spokesman, and father of a child with seizures, is hosting a star-studded video game marathon this weekend. Grunberg will be joined on the gaming channel Socialtron Live by professional gamers and a long list of gaming-addicted celebrity guests.
During the marathon, they will play every Super Mario game in existence for 36 consecutive hours to raise awareness about epilepsy and seizures and to encourage donations to the Epilepsy Foundation.
How to Join In the Fun
- Catch the action starting August 8 at noon PT.
- Follow the conversation on Vine, Instagram & Twitter by following @socialtronlive or #SocialTronLiveGameAThon.
Please note: Greg Grunberg's SocialTron Live Game-a-thon will show him and his guests playing video games with online players. Please use caution when watching if flashing lights or other video game features can be a trigger for your seizures.
- Eloise Mumford (Actor: 50 Shades Of Gray)
- Lombardo Boyar (Actor: Planet Of The Apes)
- Jeff Garlin (Actor: The Goldbergs)
- Mike Mendez (Director: Big Ass Spider)
- Lisa Foxx (TV Personality & Radio DJ 104.3 MYfm)
- Brian Brushwood (Magician/Host)
- Shira Lizar (Host: What'sTrending)
- Wayne Brady (Actor/Comedian/Musician)
- Reno Wilson (Actor: Mike & Molly)
- Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Actor: Baby Daddy on ABC Family)
- Derek Theler (Actor: Baby Daddy on ABC Family)
- Greg Grunberg (Actor: Heroes/Masters of Sex on Showtime)
- Jace Hall (Gaming Guru/Host)
- Jason Miller (Musician/Actor)
- Masi Oka (Actor: Heroes and Hawaii Five-0)
- Brea Grant (Actor: Heroes)