Our Research and Impact
2014 Epilepsy Pipeline Conference: Sessions Video Archive
Day 1 and 2 : Professional Sessions
- SESSION I: Introduction and Keynote Address by Phillip Gattone, CEO and President, Epilepsy Foundation
- SESSION II: What was better in 2013 than 2012 -- Progress in Epilepsy Therapy, moderated by Jacqueline French, MD, Professor of Neurology, New York University
- SESSION III: Early-Stage Drug Pipeline: Proof of Principle through IND. Moderated by Roger J. Porter, MD, Chief Scientific Officer, Epilepsy Foundation
- SESSION IV: Early-Stage Diagnostic Devices and Product Pipeline: New Concepts and Initial Findings, moderated by Daniel Friedman, MD, Assistant Professor of Neurology, New York University
- SESSION V: Late-Stage and Approved Devices--What is New? moderated by, Daniel Friedman, MD, Assistant Professor of Neurology, New York University
- SESSION VI: Nonprofit Organization, Government and Crowdfunding--Grants, Awards and Funding to Advance Research to the Next Critical Stage, moderated by Roger J. Porter, MD, Chief Scientific Officer, Epilepsy Foundation.
- Lifetime Accelerator Award: Honoring H. Steve White, PhD
- SESSION VII: New Directions and Opportunities in Epilepsy Research, moderated by Jacqueline French, MD, Professor of Neurology, New York University
- SESSION VIII: Clinical Stage Drugs, moderated by Steven C. Schachter, MD, Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Chief Academic Officer, Consortia for Improving Medicine with Innovation and Technology
- SESSION IX: Who is Investing in Epilepsy and CNS Therapy Research and Innovation Today? Funding Beyond Angels, Grants and Awards, moderated by Casey Lynch, Managing Director, NeuroInsights, LLC, Neurotechnology Industry Organization (NIO), CEO, Cortexyme, Inc.
- Shark Tank Competition, moderated by Jacqueline French, MD.
- Closing Remarks by Philip Gattone, President and CEO, Epilepsy Foundation
Day 3: Family Day. Epilepsy: Overcoming the Challenges of Today & Accelerating Toward Tomorrow
- SESSION I: Introduction, Challenges of Epilepsy, Through Our Eyes, The Epilepsy Pipeline 2014, New Drugs: How to Make One and What is Coming.
- SESSION II: Rescue Therapies, Medical Marijuana, Movong New Therapies into Practice, Q&A
- SESSION III: Patient Engagement in Research, The Personal Perspective, When Seizures Don't Respond to Medications, New Approaches to Surgery, Devices for Epilepsy, Q&A
- SESSION IV: Dietary Therapies, Exercise and Epilepsy: Does it Work or Not?, The Personal Perspective, Q&A
With Thanks to Our Supporters:
New Therapy Innovators
New Therapy Discovery Circle
New Therapy Catalysts